Weekly Prayers for the Church Street Family
Week of November 9, 2022
Offering a “Prayer at the Close of the Day,” written by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
(copied from UMC Hymnal 689)
O Lord my God, I thank thee that thou hast brought this day to its close. I think thee that thou dost give rest to body and soul. Thy hand has been over me guarding me and preserving me.
Forgive my feeble faith and all the wrong I have done this day, and help me to forgive all who have wronged me.
Grant that I may sleep in peace beneath thy care, and defend me from the temptations of darkness. Into thy hands I commend my loved ones, I commend this household, I commend my body and soul.
O God, thy holy name be praised. Amen.
We pray for ….
- A church member who is hospitalized in Nashville; prayers for his parents and brother.
- A church member with MS who is hoping to move into more suitable housing
- A long-time church member who went into skilled rehab this week to help fight an infection.
- A church member and faithful volunteer who experienced health concerns over the weekend; prayers for stability and good health.
- Prayers that the Lord will lead each of us to do the Lord’s divine purpose.
- A parent who is concerned about children’s relationship.
- Friends who are grieving and going through difficult times
- Those who are looking at ‘next steps’ in career, education, life … praying for discernment
We offer prayers of thanksgiving for ….
- All Saints worship and celebration! A wonderful day to begin the month of gratitude!
- A healthy grandbaby
- Successful eye surgery
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.