BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Prayers for the Church Street Family
November 10, 2020
God of Today and Every Day, we are fragile folk and we confess that we have allowed fear to control our lives. Our hearts are tattered and our minds race as we wait for the next blow: “What if…… happens?” we ask ourselves. Calm our trembling notions, we pray, as we face the unknown. Even in the throes of governmental change, even in midst of a pandemic, even when lawlessness has become commonplace, even when we live in the shadows of a broken world, you are with us. Today and every day, Good Lord, speak your peace to our restless souls. We long to remain firm in the faith that we have openly confessed. And what we have confessed may we practice boldly.
Thank you for planting desire in our hearts—a desire to know you, a desire to be better people. You show us the faces of so many living on the edge, the homeless and mentally ill, those who are going through the motions of living, existing amid oppression and denied a chance to realize their dreams and talents. Our efforts to rectify seem insignificant in the frame of such great need; but as they have crossed our path, we know they are precious in your sight, and you intend our hands to hold out your grace and hope to each.
As we pray for all those souls who search for an open door, we also offer the prayers of our inmost hearts, our thanksgivings, our burdens and our desires known only to you . . . . . . . . . . And as your mercy envelopes all, continue to guard these who also offer their joys and their deepest desires to your care:
- Gratitude: Beautiful fall foliage and more time at home to admire beauty
- Thanksgiving for all who are praying for the victims of Covid-19
- Thankful that wife is released from the hospital to recover at home
- Member celebrates the completion of her radiation treatments
- That tensions throughout our nation will turn toward peace
- Prayers for member having kidney surgery today
- Three members suffering from depression, that healing may come
- Prayers for friend having hysterectomy today, that all might go well
- Please pray for longtime friend in ICU, that she may overcome the virus
- Prayers for faithful Christian physician recovering from heart surgery
- Dear friend in Martin, Tennessee, hospitalized with Covid-19 complications
- Healing for teenage daughter, peace for her loving parents
- Staff and residents at local facility where virus numbers have spiked
- A broken family, that parents may be led to healing relationship
- Continued prayer for autistic grandson, for healing of recent symptoms
- Prayers for friend with metastatic cancer, comfort for family
Lead us, Gracious God, to live in the way of Jesus, who was engaged with the world, but who was not of the world; who took on the form of a slave, but has since taken his rightful place beside you in glory. By his blessed example may we live out our days, for it is in his name we pray all these things:
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.