BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
July 17, 2020
O Wind that Moves over Mighty Mountain and Flowing Stream, you remain a hidden mystery. But how is it then that we behold you in everything we see and touch, from the arc of the rainbow to the narrow green gorge of the walking trail, from the swoop of the starling to the creeping snail, from the finite seams of the boulder to the nectar-thirsty bumble bee, from the soft purring of the kitten to the torrential downpour? You litter the landscape with such glimmers of your glory. Keep your mighty winds blowing in our direction, Lord, and move among us to keep our drowsiness at bay; we dare not miss any of those precious gems you create for us through your divine imagination.
Dearest Lord, receive our prayer.
Forgiving God, help us relinquish our penchant for controlling every circumstance and our attempts to manage everyone around us. How foolish you must think us when you see us setting ourselves up as directors upon the stage of life. Give us instead the power of self-restraint and that non-judgmental presence. May your compassion make its home in our hearts; fill us with the understanding that others are generally doing the best they can. And remind us that, through your grace, you are transforming others, just as you are transforming us.
Dearest Lord, receive our prayer.
O One Who Hears, we spill out our prayers to you so freely and wonder if you ever tire of hearing our “wants.” But the truth is, who would listen, if not for you? So as the apostle taught, we try to be constant in our conversation with you. Hear our prayers for ourselves, our private yearnings, and secret hopes . . . And receive these longings and gratitudes from the hearts of our brothers and sisters within our church family:
- Gratitude: son’s broken leg has healed and he is back at work
- An eye procedure went smoothly today, grateful for prayers
- Prayers appreciated: 4 virus tests were negative
- A mother with leukemia is responding to current treatment
- The Spirit was present during a graveside service yesterday
- Son with virus symptoms is steadily improving
- Recovery for daughter with deep emotional scars, for troubled parents
- Good outcome for a biopsy
- Protection for all medical workers and first responders
- Member having surgery today, for peace and a speedy recovery
- Healing mercies: husband on ventilator, wife may need dialysis
- Calm & patience for one having heart cath procedure today
- Prayers for a good outcome in a couple’s mediation
- Endurance for one with lung cancer, facing 6 weeks of harsh treatment
- Prayers for healing of family dog, attacked by a neighbor’s canine
- Continued prayers for solid caretakers for Sterchi Lodge
- Healing for 2 close friends diagnosed with Covid-19
- Mother and daughter currently at UT suffering from the virus
- Prayers for 2 awaiting results of virus tests, for negative results
We pray for your healing grace, but should that not come, we know you will give us instead that sustaining grace that will enable us to bear all things through Christ Jesus our Lord, who taught us to pray:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.