BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
July 16, 2020
Generous God, you offer this day to us, a day full of possibilities. Whatever we do with it is up to us. How will we use the gifts you delight in offering us? How will we respond to the challenges, the responsibilities, the interruptions that this day may present? How will we make those most of those moments of inspiration that unfold? Be with us, we pray, as we seek the sacred in our unwrapping of these waiting hours, for wherever we find ourselves, we also find you.
Hear us, Good Lord.
O Wounded One, in this interlude, we remember how your Son suffered emotional and physical abuse. Today we also carry in our hearts all those close to us who suffer in body, mind, and spirit . . . These we commend to your loving care, assured that no one is forgotten. We also ask that you would watch over all those who take our own safety to heart. Bless those who continue your holy work of healing in surgeries, hospitals, hospices, counseling rooms, and around kitchen tables; who serve in public places to retain order and protection. As Jesus laid hands on those who needed help, restoration, or blessing, place your strong hands upon all who express their sentiments to you this day:
- Praises: 3 family members tested negative for virus
- Happy a sister returned safely from a visit with family on West coast
- Thankful for prayers: mother moved to hospice is now comfortable
- Gratitude: symptoms for wife with brain mass have subsided
- Recovery for daughter with deep emotional scars, for troubled parents
- Pastors leading a graveside service today, friends & family who grieve
- Calm & patience for one scheduled for heart cath procedure on Friday
- Prayers for healing of family dog, attacked by a neighbor’s canine
- Continued prayers for solid caretakers for Sterchi Lodge
- Courage, healing of grief: a father whose wife has asked for a divorce
- Healing prayers for member healing from a second leg surgery
- Healing for a young son & 2 close friends diagnosed with Covid-19
- Mother & daughter currently at UT suffering from the virus
- Prayers for 4 awaiting results of virus tests, for negative results
- Healing mercies for a member with recent eye damage
- Courage & patience for member enduring long recovery; for his family
You work through all your disciples, so bless the hands that bring your healing touch, hearts that offer support, and heads that bow in prayer.
Hear us, Good Lord.
Merciful One, you have loved us, forgiven us, birthed us into new life, and you have set us free. May we reach out in Jesus’ name to offer others what you have given us, for it is in his name we pray:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.
Join us for a midday devotion today
Click here to join us on Facebook at noon for a midday devotion with CSUMC member Trent Nichols.