BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
August 5, 2020
O Master of Change, we live in an erratic era, an uncomfortable season of transition, and in one way or another, we are victims of the upheaval. But grant that in spite of what ensues, we will not give in to our fears, but will grow into that faith we have proclaimed and will arise from the dust – not as victims, but victors.
Hear us, Good Lord.
O God of Transformation, you buried grains of resilience within us long ago, reserves upon which we might rely in times of challenge. May those grains germinate in such a time as this, bringing forth those buried abilities we didn’t realize existed. Your creativity is ever-flowing, so may we dig deep to find gifts and talents that have long lain dormant. When so many ventures are impossible, let us discover those which, with your help, ARE possible.
Hear us, Good Lord.
Love Ever New, starting afresh takes raw courage, something we depend upon you to supply. With you at our side, holding our arm, we will exhibit a boldness we never before realized. New pathways, new relationships, new signs of grace await if we take that first step. May our prayers this day reflect our resolve to unearth our true potential, employing it as you have planned: working for the fulfillment of your purposes, laboring in the support of others, and always witnessing to your glory.
Hear us, Good Lord.
Silent Worker of Good, we have known your faithfulness throughout our lives, and in recent months we have keenly felt your presence. Now we offer gratitude for those specific ways you have upheld us . . . . . . . . . . . We bring our uneasiness and anxieties with us into your presence, as well, for Jesus told us how deeply you care for us. So much is beyond our control, but we depend upon your divine authority to continue working for the good in each situation:
- Grateful for prayers: premature baby now off ventilator & parents were able to hold him for the first time
- Four friends rejoice that their virus tests were negative
- Thanksgiving: a daughter’s cancer scans were clear following surgery
- Thankful that a cousin’s cancer scans were clear
- Gratitude: a once gravely ill father is now able to work part-time
- Prayers for healing & wholeness for 2 women who suffer constant pain
- One who is overcoming depression, for continued improvement
- Courage for member, that new cancer treatment is effective
- Parents carrying a heavy burden & healing of wife’s injured shoulder
- Healing for dear friend with diabetes, asthma & Covid-19
- Rest & endurance for adult children caring for their ill parents
- Healing for 92-yr-old friend with virus, that illness is not transmitted
- Young mother with Covid-19, protection for her husband & son
- Dear friend fighting cancer & family awaiting virus test results
- Healing & protection: 90-yr-old father hospitalized (pneumonia)
- For God’s grace & wisdom to help re-create our broken world
- Healing – Friend in TX with virus, safety for his caregiver sister
- Pray for a co-worker who has lost 3 family members to Covid-19
- Beloved husband recovering from a stroke & from the virus
We thank you for this one day, for this singular opportunity to drink of your grace, to hum your tender melody, to listen to your love language, to treasure your goodness, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. All these we learned from our Savior, who taught us to pray:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.