MAD in the City Info
MAD in the City is almost here!! We are looking forward to a week of serving our city together. Below, you’ll find a packing list and general schedule.
Here are some important notes I’d like to bring to your attention.
- We are staying overnight this year! Girls will stay in Youth Sunday School rooms, guys will stay in adult Sunday School rooms on the main level of the CLC across from the Gym.
- 5:00 PM Sunday drop-off. Bring yourself and all your gear to the Youth Area on Sunday night.
- 5:00 PM Thursday Pick-Up. We will dismiss from the Youth Area on Thursday afternoon.
- If you have to depart and return at some point, please text or email Jenny that info before Sunday.
- On Monday, some of our group will attend Urban Air with Wesley House. I’ve attached the waiver for that event below. Please print waiver and bring with you on Sunday!
- On Tuesday night, we will have a pool party at Holston Hills (thanks, Osborns!!). You’ll need a swim suit and beach towel!
- On Sunday night, you’ll be assigned a crew that you will work on all week. (For those of you who sing in choir, this is similar to the crews on Choir Tour!) Some crews will be: Breakfast, Supplies, Lunch, Activities, Runners, Dinner, etc.
MAD in the City (which stands for Making a Difference in the City) is a way for us to intentionally be the hands and feet of Jesus in our own community. We will be working with Wesley House Community Center, Beacon of Hope, Emerald Youth Foundation, Operation Backyard, and many of the ministries within Church Street. Students will have the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of mission work. Join us in prayer as we ask for protection, stamina, joy, and impact as we do our best to love our neighbors well.
As always, if you have any questions, send them my way! Looking forward to a great week together!
Grace and peace,
P.S. You will probably receive another email or two from me before the week is done.