Weekly Prayers for the Church Street Family
Week of March 8, 2023
Rev. Catherine Nance
O God who created the world, how beautiful is your creation!
How good it has been lately to look up at the night sky!
The full moon last night was so bright! We know the cycle will begin again …. Less light, more shadows, then the reflection and then brightness again. Thank you for the reassuring rhythm of the night sky.
Venus and Jupiter have twinkled so brightly! The clear skies at night have given us a glimpse of your glory! When things ‘down here’ do not make sense, we look up!
We thank you O God, for the gift of creation. When we feel the world is closing in on us, we simply look up at the cosmos. We look around at the spring colors! We notice the chirping of birds and pay attention to the outline of the mountains.
How blessed we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
We join our prayer with the hymn writer…
This is my Father’s world: he shines in all that’s fair; in the rustling grass I hear him pass; he speaks to me everywhere.
This is my Father’s world: why should my heart be sad? The Lord is King; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the earth be glad!
Thank you, O merciful God, for this time of prayer. A pause in the day to give thanks, to praise your majesty and to offer prayers of thanksgiving and petitions. We offer the concerns of our church family ….
We pray for…
- Good health for all as a family awaits arrival of first grandchild
- Those recovering from surgeries; thankful for good friends and family
- A member’s father who is dealing with mobility issues in addition to dementia; prayers for the daughter’s health
- An elderly in-law who has stage 4 cancer and is in a lot of pain; prayers for him and all of the extended family.
- A co-worker who had heart catheterization and a stent put in this morning; may she feel a renewed energy and hope!
- Medical students who are waiting to hear where they will serve their residencies
- Children who are having to go through medical tests; prayers for parents.
- Those attending grief group; give solace as they share their stories
We continue to pray for…
- A friend who is in rehab after a stroke; prayers for the boyfriend and family who are with him.
- Those who are waiting on medical tests to give answer
- Families who are feeling economic strain
- A church member recovering from surgery
We offer prayers of thanksgiving for…
- Safe travels for family who came to visit!
- A special nurse at ETCH
- A niece who received good news about a job!
- Clear scans
- Friends in my Sunday School class who have responded so lovingly
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.