Weekly Prayers for the Church Street Family
Week of June 14, 2023
Rev. Tim Best
God of Abraham,
We thank you for the many blessings you pour out upon us. We are thankful for summer camps for children, sunny days outside, rainy nights that seem to leave the world refreshed the next morning. We are thankful that you desire to bless the world, and draw each of us close to you. Help us to hear the ways you are calling each of us. Help us to name our blessings and to share them with the world.
We pray for those who do not feel blessed. We pray for those who are struggling. For those who struggle with sickness, with loneliness, with relationships, and those who are facing any sort of trouble. We pray for those who are oppressed or ignored. You called Abraham from of his home and promised him a future. Be with those who have no home and worry about their future. May we see the blessedness in all people, and share the promise of your future with all the world. Abraham and Sarah trusted in you as they left everything they knew. Help us to trust in you and be willing to follow you wherever you call us.
How wonderful it was to see our future, the youth of Church Street, lead the music in worship this week. We are truly a blessed community to have dedicated staff, volunteers, and students, committed to praising and glorifying you through song. We are so thankful that our youth returned safely from their choir tour. We know that many others were blessed by their performances last week, just as we were blessed to hear them this past Sunday. Continue to bless and teach our youth and children through all of our programs this summer. We have already been so richly blessed by our children and youth, watch over them as they continue to bless and teach us as a church family.
Gracious God, we know that Jesus Christ is the fullest revelation of your love for Abraham and for the world. Through Jesus the whole world is blessed by Abraham. In Jesus the whole world is invited into Abraham’s family. In Jesus we see that you keep your promises and that even when it seems that only death remains, your love bursts forth into newness of life. Grant that we may always cling to the hope of your mercy and grace.
We pray for ….
- A daughter who is having a difficult pregnancy; prayers for her family. Prayers that migraines will cease and/or that docs can offer alternative medication.
- A member who had surgery for broken leg; prayers for healing and patience
- A young mother
- So many in our church family who are dealing with a variety of diagnoses, waiting on tests, sorting out medical lingo; prayers that they not be overwhelmed by info but surrounded by God’s Calm.
- A friend who had spinal surgery on Monday.
- A mother/grandmother who had knee replacement on Tuesday.
- A father in ICU at UT hospital; prayers for strength and healing
- Couples in our church who are wanting to have children and who are waiting …
- A mother in the unexpected death of her son; prayers for his work colleagues also.
We give thanks for ….
- Excellent rehab after surgery; so thankful for the good options we have!
- Friends who have shown support since injury.
- Answered prayers on cancer surgery! Thankful for the wonderful medical team and good friends!
Help us to always see the blessings in our lives, as we pray that prayer the Jesus taught us…
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.