Weekly Prayers for the Church Street Family
Week of January 31, 2024
Written by Rev. Catherine Nance
Note from Pastor Catherine:
I miss the Serenity Prayer. When I was involved in Recovery Ministry, I said it at least once a week, on Wednesday nights. Usually Wednesdays were (are) hectic days, and there was a peace and a release that would come over me as I joined with others as we offered this prayer together.
May it bring you peace tonight…..
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change;
Courage to change the
things I can; and the
wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the
pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this
sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make
all things right if I
surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy
in this life, and supremely
happy with Him forever in
We pray for ….
- A husband who is home from the hospital and that he regain strength; we pray for his wife who has COVID and has been his caregiver.
- A mother and son; the mother begins treatment for bladder cancer (second time). Her son has colon cancer and is dependent on her for transportation. Prayers on this family and all who love them.
- The UT students who are new this semester
- The friends and family of a wonderful teaching assistant who died last week after a recent cancer diagnosis. Please pray for the students (age 4 & 5) who miss her and are having a hard time understanding.
- A member who had a heart attack Sunday night and is now in CVICU; prayers for her husband and children, also.
- For a member’s father who is in hospice care now at home; prayers for the family as they care for him.
- For a member’s grandmother who is in ICU with pneumonia and other health issues
- For a cousin who was just diagnosed with a tumor; appointment with an oncologist soon. Has other health issues including diabetes.
- A cousin’s wife has a tumor on kidney and spots on lungs; going to a specialist for more tests. Please pray for her and her family.
- A daughter having surgery on Thursday
- A member in rehab; prayers for physical strength to be improved
- Friends who need prayers; families we hold in our hearts
- The family and friends of military personnel who were killed this past week
- For those who have interviews this week
- For one whose heart is so full of grief
We give thanks for ….
- That all of the animals on the farm were safe during the recent cold weather. Thankful for the calf that was born!
- A new sense of hope for IVF; thankful for doctor
- Friends at work who show appreciation and support
- Being cancer free!
- For a good report from last scan showing no change!
- Baby brother!
- Pets who bring us joy and comfort and companionship; it breaks our heart when they die
We continue to pray for….
- Those who are caregivers and those who are dealing with chronic health issues
- Peace in our world
- For those struggling to find meaningful work
- Couples who are dealing with fertility issues
- Clear scans
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.