BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
June 30, 2020
You search us out day by day, Good Shepherd, desiring to know us more fully, to help us understand our own fears and longings, to show us how we might make decisions that are life-affirming. We praise you for wanting the best for us, O Lord. Work your wonders in our souls today, until our hearts beat in steady rhythm with yours.
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
O God of the Apostles and Prophets, your cries for justice rang out through your messengers who walked the ancient roads of oppression. It wasn’t their own words they uttered, for you so eloquently spoke through them. May your words of mercy, equity, and peace flow through us as well, that we may call out freely in support of the needy, the neglected, the overwrought, the outcast. But not our words alone, we pray, for our deeds underscore the depth of your love for the maltreated.
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
Patient One, these months of the pandemic have brought us to our knees. Roadblocks have appeared just when we thought we were on the edge of release. Our hopes are dashed when outbreaks of the insidious illness flare up in unexpected places. This is truly a frightening era; yet keep reminding us that your blessings are still arriving. We have witnessed miracles of your healing presence in the births of healthy babies and lives restored to health; you have shown us new avenues of worship and have quickened our passion for justice. Yes, O Lord, you are teaching us patience as you continue to touch us with newness. And as we trust in your providence to sustain us, we lift again today both the gladness and the hopes of our Church Street family:
- Family celebrating a mother’s final chemo treatment today
- Father (91), pleased that his birthday was remembered by many friends
- Daughters thankful for the life of their cherished mother who died Sat.
- Gratitude: more than 40 participated in UMW’s Just Mercy discussion Sunday; prayers that participants will continue to work for racial justice
- Cancer patient thankful for relief from long-term nausea malady
- Prayer for peaceful death for an aunt (96) suffering with cancer
- Patience and healing for one facing long recovery from leg surgery
- For God to offer hope and wisdom to an ill father and grieving son
- Healing mercies for a granddaughter diagnosed with a rare intestinal condition
- Strength for a young wife battling an autoimmune illnesses
- Safety & smooth transition for daughter and family moving to North Carolina
- Restoration of member’s health following several surgeries
- Blessings upon young daughter moving to Boston Tuesday to take a new job
- Safety for a daughter, front-line health worker for Florida Department of Health
- Adult son now working in FLA, that he does not succumb to the virus
- A husband anticipating a lay-off from his job, for his worried family
Living Lord, we remain a blessed people, for you have heard our prayers, are giving us release, and are always working for wholeness on our behalf. May we never take you for granted, O Holy One, for we know the grace you shower upon us in this realm is but a foretaste of that grace so evident in your home above:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.