Worship – 8:30AM & 11:00AM
Sunday school – 9:45-10:45AM
NightLife – 5:00-7:00PM ($5 dinner)
On Sunday, February 12 we will have a regular scheduled evening instead of a Super Bowl party. We will have a Disco themed NightLife game night. For those who want to watch the Super Bowl at home, feel free to pick up anytime before kick-off at 6:30. For those who are not interested, we will have regular pick up at 7:00.
Functional Faith Series
During NightLife, we are in a series called Functional Faith. Last night, we discuss building a Bible reading routine. Below, you’ll find some of the resources we discussed!
- YouVersion Bible App
- Gospel Plan — Read one chapter a day. Start in Matthew, then read Mark, Luke, and John.
- Psalm Plan — Begin in Psalm 1. Read one psalm a day, or split one psalm into two days if it is long.
- Chronological Plan — Seach “chronological” on the YouVersion app “Plans” page and choose one.
- Themeatic Plan — Use the YouVersion Bible app “Plans” page. Choose or search a theme and find a corresponding study.
- Pray, Read, Practice Stillness, Think about God’s Presence
- Pray, Read (scripture), Write, Read (devotion or nonfiction spiritual growth book), Pray
*The gratitude lists includes a page for monthly gratitude (a line a day) or weekly gratitude (space for a couple of sentences or several bullet points). We invite students to do this individually or families to adopt this practice together! These would be great for the fridge or discussion around a meal.
We had a great time at REZ23! We spent time in meaningful worship, enjoyed fellowship with one another, and spent lots of time together in the kitchen! Below, you’ll find the link to the shared photo albums to upload your pictures from the weekend.
High School Retreat
The last weekend of February (the 24-26), we are offering a High School retreat to Sterchi Lodge. Here are some things we are considering for that weekend:
– lots of fun
– a hike to Max Patch
– devotions/mini sessions/talks
We will be doing a study of the book The Liturgy of the Ordinary. This will help us to look at the sacred acts that are already taking place in our lives and how to move into a place of worship and prayer with intention.
This retreat is for current 9th-12th graders. If you would like to register, use the link below! The cost for this retreat is $40.
This weekend, our 6th graders and their families are traveling to Lake Junaluska for our Confirmation Retreat. We will spend time in worship and fellowship while learning more about our faith and walking with Christ.
For 7th-12th graders, we will have a regular Sunday for both Sunday school and NightLife.
High School Prayer Breakfast
This year, we are rotating locations of our High School Prayer Breakfast. Hopefully, this will allow more students to participate! Here is this month’s schedule:
- January 10, Chick-fil-A West Hills, 7:20 AM
- January 17, Panera Fountain City, 7:20 AM
- January 24, Chick-fil-A West Hills, 7:20 AM
- January 29, Panera Fountain City, 7:20 AM
Meal Sign-Ups: Each Sunday, we serve our students breakfast and lunch. We ask families to volunteer to help make these meals happen! The sign-ups are below. If every family signs up for one breakfast and one dinner each, we will have nearly every week covered!
Have you viewed our page on Church Street’s website? Check it out!
Jenny Cross, Youth Director