Stephen Ministry Meeting
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen Ministry is a confidential
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caregiving gifts.
- A lay person with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality distinctively Christian care.
- A caring Christen friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver as long as there is a need.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(Sunday) 12:15 pm - 3:00 pm
I Want to...
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1303, Knoxville, TN 37901
Physical Address: 900 Henley at Main, Knoxville, TN 37902
Church Street aerial photo by Aaron Blake.
Follow us on Facebook
All Are Welcome
All are welcome at Church Street! We believe every person is of sacred worth and created in God’s image. We welcome and celebrate the gifts God has given to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, status, economic condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religious affiliation. We respect diversity of opinion and expressions of Christian faith. We believe God loves everyone unconditionally! As God loves us, so let us love and serve in the name of Christ.
Church Street Welcome Statement