BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Prayers for the Church Street Family
February 4, 2021
Rev. Dr. Jan Buxton Wade
Waiting One, we come humbly before you as the shadows grow deeper, for we have struggled today and confess our thoughts and deeds have been less than our best; and here in the quiet hours, we feel the sting of our misdeeds, particularly . . . . . . . . . . Our regrets are more than we would like them to be; but we know you will not turn away from us, as you always stand ready to offer your gift of pardon when we sincerely repent. Embrace us with your forgiveness, we pray, and with your help, tomorrow may be a different story altogether.
You feed us the bread of mercy, Sustaining One, and offer us the cup of grace. And for all the mercies that have found us today, hear our prayers of thanksgiving . . . . . . . . . . For many of our brothers & sisters, pain has cut a wide swath, so comfort the grieving, heal the hurting, fill all who are empty, and sustain those too weak to form any words. And for those who have forgotten you, open their ears that they may hear your voice calling them home. We are all wanderers and we know we cannot make this journey alone. May your love be our companion as we travel toward your grace of eternity.
Again and again, Great Healer, you remove the thorns of our losses and cover our wounds with your balm of hope. Receive these most recent expressions of gratitude for your work among us; and accept these prayers for holy assistance from your children at Church Street:
- Grateful for prayers: member has obtained funding to begin her chemo treatments
- Eight express thanks for virus vaccinations
- Couple healing from Covid: Grateful for prayers
- Member grateful for promising medical report
- Thanksgiving: Mother ill at home is improving
- Prayers for two in treatment for pancreatic cancer
- Healing: Husband in deep depression
- Sons mourning the death of their mother
- Patience for one healing from surgery
- Prayers for improvement in stroke victim
- Continued healing for heart patient
- Comfort for family: Husband killed in auto accident last week
- Healing for one whose cancer has spread
- One enduring chemo treatments
- Healing painful leg condition
Good Keeper, we are never out of your sight by daylight, and you make your pallet beside our bed each night. If we call out, you are only a heartbeat away. And should you happen to speak, may our hearts open to your whispered words: “All shall be well, all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.” In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit we offer our collective prayers:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.