It’s hard to believe this school year is coming to a close and summer is nearly here. We have lots of exciting things going on this summer — MAD in the City, Operation Backyard, Bible studies, Hang Times. But before we jump right into what is next, let’s take a moment to pause, reflect, and give thanks for the year we are finishing.
Here are some questions to help you look back and practice gratitude for all God has done this school year.
- Where have you experienced growth this year?
- Can you think of a time when you experienced peace even though your circumstances were stressful? What was that like?
- How has your faith changed since August?
- What are you thankful for that happened this school year? Pause and make a list. And add to it as things come to mind over the days ahead.
- What is something you are hopeful about in the summer ahead?
If you would like to reflect alongside the Psalms, here are some recommendations:
- Psalm 23 – The Lord is My Shepherd
- Psalm 27 – The Lord is My Light and My Salvation
- Psalm 46 – God is Our Fortress
- Psalm 61 – Lead Me to the Rock
- Psalm 80 – Restore Us, O God
- Psalm 91 – My Refuge and My Fortress
- Psalm 95 – Let Us Sing Songs of Praise
- Psalm 103 – Bless the Lord, O My Soul
- Psalm 139 – Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
More details for summer are coming. But for now, let us pause, pray, and praise. God is good and worthy of our worship.
Grace and peace,