Director of Communications
CSUMC is seeking an energetic individual, who will professionally and accurately communicate the message of the church in all relevant formats: print, electronic, internet and social media, and in using creative abilities, guide the church in new and effective ways of communicating. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, pension plan, paid holidays and vacation. Salary will depend on education and experience.
1. Bachelor's degree in some area of communications (journalism, marketing, electronic media) or the equivalent.
2. 3-5 years' experience in these same areas.
3. Professional or volunteer experience with a non-profit or service organization is highly desired.
4. Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
5. Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Suite Products (especially InDesign). Internet proficiency including web site and social media. Basic knowledge of publication schedules and budget preparation.
Please submit a letter of application with resume, a portfolio, 1-2 writing samples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Search Committee for Communications Director Chairperson, Church Street UMC, PO Box 1303, Knoxville, TN 37901. All information must be received by June 12.
Read full job description here